Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Terrible 2.5's!

.
.
I have the sweetest, most precious little 2.5 year old child. She plays well by herself, talks in complete sentences, listens well and loves on everyone. Sounds perfect right? Well, it is! She is! Her attitude, though, is not so much..

Lately, Miss CRC has developed an attitude as big as she is!! She has always had a temper, but its been easy to control. She'd snap out of it fairly quick. Not anymore! She will throw herself on the floor and have a complete meltdown! Nothing can get her out of it either.. I usually have to put her in either "time out" or in her bed and shut the door. That most always works, but it does take time. She can hold out for a while!

It stresses me out so badly! I want to just throw my hands up, put in some ear buds and tune her out, but I know I need to deal with the situation so it doesn't get out of control. I try to reason with her and talk it out after she has calmed down. It has seemed to work. She does understand the problem, but of course, it will happen many many times over!

You'd never think she'd have such a huge temper by looking at her sweet face... She has everyone fooled :)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your having such a hard time. I feel your pain though! My 2 1/2 yr old is hard to deal with sometimes. I just don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain as well. Mine is 15 months and already has the temper tantrum down pat. It scares me to think what she has in store for me her 2nd year of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have written this post about Morgan who is the same age! It is so frustrating. It has gotten worse since my baby was born 7 weeks ago. I hope Carrah doesn't get even more of an attitude when the new baby comes!

    ReplyDelete