Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday... Friday!

While The Sickness is still looming 'round my house, I'm thrilled to welcome the weekend for the simple fact of not stressing about who is going to take off work each day to care for my sick children.

I'm thankful for having so many awesome people in my life that are able to take off work or reschedule work to help me with the girls. Otherwise, I'd probably have lost my job over this week alone. I've only been here for a little over a month so I do not feel comfortable taking off anytime soon! Now when I get those ten paid vacation days, I'll undoubtedly be taking advantage of them!

As for Friday, I have mixed emotions. Although I am happy, happy , happy {Duck Dynasty reference anyone?} about not having to wake up early and crawl out of bed before the crack of dawn.. I also dread the thoughts of the daunting mountains of laundry, the disaster zone that the girls turn our home into, the ridiculous amounts of money I spend, and the tough choice of weekend rest vs. weekend exercise that comes with Friday's. I'm exhausted before the weekend has even begun...

On the other hand, I don't feel so bad for indulging in that third glass of wine that I don't allow myself during the week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment