Monday, March 28, 2011

Possibility of Early Labor..

I went to the doctor (AGAIN!) today because I haven't been feeling well. I just felt kind of off.. My stomach has been hurting badly, cramps, slight contractions, haven't wanted to eat anything and I can barely walk lately.. I woke up Friday morning bleeding a little and i've felt like this ever since then. So I finally decided to call today.

I didn't receive the best news. I knew something wasn't right, but I didn't know what exactly..

Verdict.. My cervix is already anterior , 50% effaced, and soft. I still have 8 weeks left before my due date! That's scary. I've been complaining that my cervix hurt to everyone that will listen. I literally can feel her head on my cervix. He said this is all because she is so low, she's putting a ton of pressure on my cervix and could cause me to go into Preterm labor. He said that's very scary this early because she still has 8 weeks to go.. His recommendation was to get a Belly Girdle/Belt thing to hoist the baby up off my cervix. He said that's really my only option and to take it easy. He didn't act terribly worried, but it was understood that this could be serious.

I have a job that I stand on my feet for 8 hours and I also have two little girls that need lots of attention. I stay home during the day so i'm always cleaning something.. But here lately, I have noticed my energy level has decreased and my body just physically will not do it! He did say with the belly belt thing that I could possibly still work and get my stuff done, but he said definitely have to be on Pelvic Rest.

I'm not extremely worried because he didn't act very worried. He said there is a possibility that i'll still have her early because of this, but not guaranteed. So i'm just going to slow down a little. Tonight is my last night to work per my boss' after he saw my Facebook update. Everything should be fine. It was just a shock!

2 comments: