Monday, February 3, 2014

Crazy for Quinoa

Quinoa with Edamame, Sautéed Mushrooms, and 1/4 Cup of LowFat Cottage Cheese {I was out of my preferred Feta}
 

After last nights gorge fest during the Super Bowl, I am trying to detox my body of all the yuckies I consumed!

My favorite go-to recipes almost always includes Quinoa! If you haven't heard of Quinoa, you must be living under a rock because word of it's benefits for your body has spread like wildfire over the past couple of years! I have been experimenting with it since I went GFree in '09. It is very similar to the way you prepare rice , but the texture is closer to that of Couscous. You can pretty much add any and everything to it to make different yummy concoctions! My one word of advice is to always use something wet to provide a more enjoyable texture. I like using Viniagrette based dressings, Salsas, or even acidic fruits such as Limes, or even Pineapples! 

The recipe I used for the above picture is 
1C Quinoa to 2C Water {I always prepare in bulk so I have some left for my weekly lunches}
1/2 C frozen Edamame (shelled)
1/2 C sliced Mushrooms (sautéed)
1/2 C LowFat Cottage Cheese (I prefer Feta for taste)
Sesame seeds 
Carmelized onions for taste 
Salt and pepper 
And a drizzle of my fav! Ceasar Viniagrette Dressing 

And there you have a healthy lunch option that's packed full of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment