Thursday, February 6, 2014

It's {CHILI} outside


I'm frozen solid. Every minute of every day the past few weeks, I've dreaded getting out of my bed in the mornings. Like I previously stated, we are having record setting low temps, an I for one cannot stand them. My body is not made for the extreme cold! I would live in shorts and sandals if I could. But Arkansas weather is just not the place to be for that. 

Tuesday morning, I woke up sick. I never get sick! I have not been to the doctors office in about four years and I am totally fine with that. I get a cold once in a while, but never "sick." This time though, I thought I may have to go to the Dr. Yesterday was the worst! I was so exhausted I got home from work and went to sleep at 6pm and slept the entire night! Thank 
 
However, one of the ONLY good things about these cold temps is cooking and eating CHILI! I am obsessed with making different kinds and trying new recipes. It's not always "Clean" according to my lifestyle change diary, but .... I just have to have it sometimes.
 
The one pictured here is Cabernet infused Chili. Yum!
 
It was 1lb browned Ground BEEF {Not turkey..oh no!!}
1/2 C Onions, sauteed
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Serrano Pepper
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 8oz can Tomato Paste
1 8oz can Diced Tomatoes with peppers
1 Cup Water
 
Cooked all of the ingredients together for about 35 minutes, then stirred in 1/2 C Cabernet.
Bring all ingredients to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
 
Top with Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Fritos or Crackers, if you'd like.
So simple, yet so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment