Monday, February 24, 2014

Zoo Days

 
Over the past few months, our winter weather has kept us from doing the things we love, most of which are outdoors. It is NO fun being cooped up inside the house with three energetic little girls. We've done all of the baking and crafts we can stand for a while. This past weekend, though, we caught a small break and had 65-70 degree days! 

CDC's activities occupied most of our Saturday and I was fine with that. We had a great day and even the littles got to play outside for a long stretch of time. I was satisfied with out weekend on Saturday night. I didn't need to do anything else to feel satisfied.

JClaire was the most excited, I think. She has grown a lot in just a year. She's almost three now, so she really understands a lot more. We also did not take the stroller this time, so she got to run free like a big girl. I can't imagine how big of a deal that must be to a baby girl :) 




 
We took our time and visited ALL of the exhibits. The penguins are still a favorite among my girls. They are the newest animal exhibit to our zoo and they are precious! You can actually see them swimming under water. We also saw the new Elephants, one of which who was from a circus and had a star branded on his bottom. That made me sad, but at least I know he's being better cared for at our zoo now. Another favorite is the Tiger because he/she? just paces back and forth in his cage looking at everyone. He looks like he is about to pounce at any minute. This time, he kept moaning and making crazy growl noises. We weren't sure if he was hungry or just "talking" to be talking.. Haha!
I still love the monkeys best! They're so entertaining to me. But this time, their exhibit was being worked on so it was hard to see them. The big giant Ape is always fun to watch though. He stands on a Yoga Ball and watches out the window. Every single time I go, he is in that exact same spot!
 

 
There is even a play area that my girls took advantage of. I don't understand how they aren't entertained enough with just being at the Zoo, but nope, they insisted they needed to play too!
 

 
 
 
CDC and I ventured off by ourself while the littles were still emjoying the slides and we went through the Petting Zoo and took our pictures in the cut outs. :)
 

 
Overall, we had an awesome day! I think we were there for about 3 hours and we all had such a great time. My girls each got a snowcone and devoured them. They never fought or argued. They were perfect the entire day!
So blessed.
 
CRC shows her excitement in this picture. *Love*
 






No comments:

Post a Comment