Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Potato Chips, Tator Tots, Baked Potatoes, and Cheese

No these are not a few of my favorite things... They are in fact, the only things I have been able to consume over the past two days. You see, I was fortunate enough to be cursed by the stomach bug on Monday afternoon.

Let me just tell you, when I get sick, I get SICKKKK!! Around 3:45pm on Monday, I knew something was not right. I began to feel nauseous, dizzy, disoriented, and my tummy was all kinds of uneasy. By 4:15pm, I had to run to the bathroom to keep from vomitting all over my computer screen. I was so embarassed and wondered what the hell was happening. I knew I wasn't pregnant! I didn't think I was sick because no one I knew was sick, but something was not right... I told the HR lady and she said
"Oh yep, I had it on Satruday. It's no fun. Get out of here."

..... She had "it".. What exactly was it? I didn't ask. Didn't care. Just had to go.

I had to drive 30 minutes to pick up all three girls. It wasn't easy and I had to be really strong to make it. Once I had them all in the car they were hungry. Of course.. I knew I was not going to be up for cooking, so we decided to go through McDonalds drive thru. I made it to the order screen, got nauseous and had to drive off! The girls were so upset saying
"Where's my nuggets? We don't get to eat... We're gonna be so hungry..."
:( I felt terrible!!! But I couldn't even make it home before getting sick again. It was awesome....

Then, I pull up to my house and remember my mom has my house key. Friggin great...
I called her only to realize she was at the gym taking advantage of her new membership and personal trainer. More awesomeness... I called her about 10 times hoping she would have her phone close by and think "Hmm maybe she needs me..." But no, nope, nada. So, I was left to fend for myself.

I ended up remembering the back window was unlocked, so me being the female McGuyver, I decided to pull the screen off and climb the wall through the window.. in high heel boots, mind you. Yes, I broke into my own house.! I didn't think I would survive the jump through the window, but I did and I pulled myself up off the floor and made my way to the front door, unlocked it, and went to get the girls out of the car. At this point, I knew my face must be green. I felt like falling over and never getting back up. I managed to get them into the house and settled, then I collapsed on the couch and finally got ahold of my mom. I asked her to please get the girls some food and she agreed.

Back to my horrible night. I am such a bad sick person. I am 27 years old and still {literally} whine out loud for my parents to come "help me." I am not proud of this fact, but I cannot seem to stop myself when I am in those moments of pain. My parents, of course, did not come help me because they said "You're a grown woman ....and I don't want to get sick."

Haha. I don't blame them, but I was very angry at the time. I just wanted someone to sit beside me and tell me that if I died, they'd hold my hand the entire time. Seriously, I could not see past the pain. My back, stomach, legs, arms, and feet were shaking and the muscles were spazaming from all of the vomitting. I truly thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room at any given moment. But I did not. I finally drifted off to sleep for more than the 20 minutes I had been sleeping before waking in a sweat wrenched gag fest. And I did not wake up again until 3am. And... I was still sick. :(

But finally, at some point, I slept.

My stomach was on empty for more than 24 hours, so I figured to gain some energy I needed to eat something. But the ONLY things I could even remotely consider swallowing were Potato Chips, Tator Tots, Baked Potatoes, and Cheese... I know that is very strange, especially for someone like me who hasn't eaten that much junk food in one sitting in who knows how long, but my body was screaming for carbs and grease! I did eat all of those things and surprisingly enough, I began to feel better.

Today though, I am very weak and my stomach is still not back to it's normal self. I ate some salted almonds for breakfast and a Wendy's baked potato for lunch. Blah. I'll get there, slowly but surely. For now, I'm taking small bites and moving slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment