Sunday, February 2, 2014

Superbowl XLVIII

Broncos vs. Seahawks

Now, I am a lover of Peyton Manning. I have been a fan since 2007, The Indianapolis Colts were my all time favorite team. I followed them like no other.

A few years ago, though, I quit watching football as much. I was just busy. I had my third child and life just went spastic. I didn't know ANYthing about what was going on in the world of football. But this year, right before the playoffs, I started watching again. I learned that Peyton was no longer playing for the Colts, but for the Denver Broncos... bleh. I wasn't thrilled. I had not ever heard anything great about the Broncos. But, alas, he was my Peyton and I would follow him no matter the team.

So, as you can expect I was thrilled when they made it to The Superbowl. I actually was equally as excited about the Seahawks making it. I'm not a fan of the 49ers, so when the Seahawks pulled it out over them, I was jumping up and down in my living room. But, of course, I had to cheer for Peyton to win the Superbowl.

We went all out in the snack department tonight
We cleaned the house top to bottom, rented the girls two movies for their TV, and I went grocery shopping earlier in the day to be sure everything was taken care of so that we wouldn't be disturbed during the big game...

The pregame got us pumped and the National Anthem was amazing. Even the early minutes of the game were exciting. Well, it could've been that it was finally here and starting because now that I look back, it wasn't all that exciting even then.  
BUT, the train wreck that was yet to come, was only beginning.

When the Seahawks were ahead 22-0 in the first quarter, I knew there was trouble on the horizon. Peyton was playing ok and passing fine, but I wanted him to really PASS the ball down the field or RUN the ball {which I know he doesn't like to do often}
Man, it just really hurt them tonight. I'll give it to the Seahawks, their defense is spot on. They were really fun to watch because they were everywhere! It was almost as if they had radars for eyeballs, they'd be running one way, then all the sudden be on the other side of the field to intercept the ball. I was literally screaming at the TV.
"Come ON!!!! You've GOT to be kidding me! What is going ON!?"

Anyway, we finally made it to the halftime show, which I was very much anticipating. I love Bruno Mars. He is epic greatness to me. His old soul and classy attire always amazes me. And it was no surprise that he brought the house down! I loved every second of his performance. His talent is beyond words. I was amazed that he was really singing {no lip synching please} and sounded amazing even with the nerves you know he had to be having in front of that many people!
Red Hot Chili Peppers.... eh.. Whatev. They were ok. I think their day has passed and they need to put their shirts back on, but they sang well. What else can I say?
So, all in all, halftime show rocked. A+++

Then, we tuned back into the game. Err, we thought we would, but apparently Fox was having technical difficulties. We got a message across our screen that said  
"No need to call. The problem will be resolved soon."
Hmm.... awesome. Notsomuch. So, not only was my team sucking, but the game was cutting in and out and we were missing who knows what?

Oh and don't let me forget about the HORRID commercials!! I seriously have never been more disappointed in advertisement in my life, especially during the SuperBowl for goodness sakes! If you are going to pay 4 million dollars for an adspace, make it EPIC! Everything I saw was LAMESAUCE. I did like the Tim Tebow commercials. I thought those were very clever. Good job T-Mobile.

Back to the game..... or lack thereof. It was not a game by any means of the word. I honestly thought I was watching a high school football team try and take on the Seahawks. It was just sad. By the fourth quarter, I was bored and pissed, so I walked away to clean up the kitchen and get the girls to bed. I did see the end and I was not impressed with ANY of that game. Beginning to end. I will say the Seahawks deserved their win and I am proud of them. They had never won a Superbowl before today and I think they wanted it more. It showed.

Peyton, I still love you and you will continue to be my favorite quarterback, but today was not your day my friend. Better luck next time.

.......................................................................................................
My Salsa Recipe {which is not really a recipe, but hey, it's CLEAN and it was delish}

Two Tomatoes
1/8 Cup Diced Onions
1/8 Cup Bell Pepper
1 Clove Garlic
1 Serrano Pepper, chopped
Dash of Cilantro
1/2 Lime, squeezed
Salt and Pepper for taste
1 Tbsp Cumin

I put all of the ingredients in a food processor and chopped coarsely. Leaving everything a bit chunky. Served with Corn Tortilla Chips. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment