Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful and Blessed

So, yesterday I was in shock. I didn't know what to do with my emotions or feelings and I lashed out. I feel like my post was angry and bitter and I don't want to be that person.

Today, I woke up feeling blessed and thankful to be here another day. Instead of the woe is me attitude, I am choosing to be grateful for everything I have. My children are my greatest blessing. They are the ones that need me. They need me to be strong and healthy for them. As I sit here this morning, CRC wants to sit next to me and hear me read to her and sing her songs. I can't imagine not doing these things with her. Yesterday, I felt like giving up, throwing in the towel, and just going to bed forever. But today, I want to see the world, so to speak. I want to do all the things i've always wanted to. I want to do simple things and just enjoy my life, my girls, my family. Even just to go outside and sit on the grass and watch my kids play with our dog sounds nice. I don't want to be that stressed out, overwhelmed, bitter person that i've been for so long.

I realize I didn't get a death sentence, but it was still scary news. I still don't know the outcome and won't for a few weeks, i'm guessing. But, I feel like I need to live every day to the fullest. I want to live, not just be.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't have insurance either when I had Bella..I had to pay my doctor a lump sum up front and then the hospital I had to pay a lump sum and then now I make payments to them. It is hard but I knew the care would not be good at a clinic. I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you got my last comment, send me an email! i have more to tell you just didn't add it all in my comment...
    thinking about you hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good attitude to have! I'm praying that everything is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thru the same issues you have with the abnormal paps, and I am now 15 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have had many surgeries, and things done to remove cells and it is scary. I have had to have part of my cervix removed from this. But i'm still able to have children and carry them full term (both my boys were over due) without issues. Just stay positive and look at those two beautiful girls that you have knowing that if it wasn't for you they would not be on this earth today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaycee, I am so sorry for what you are dealing with. Any news that brings something into your life that is "abnormal" is scary! I will pray for you and look forward to hearing more answers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl!! Great attitude! It's all gonna be OK, no matter the outcome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There you go!!

    Praying that all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete